Monday 14 January 2013

Bambi on Ice and Makeup First Impressions

Bambi edit

Jumper - H&M Kids
Dress- Paprika 
Leggings - New Look 
Boots - New Look 
Hat- Courtesy of Gran


The title is sadly a blatant lie. There has been not a single drop (flake?) of snow in Glasgow today :-( Still hoping and praying for a snow/sledging/ snow-man building day tomorrow. You'd never guess that, I was nearing 21, right? The same could be said for my OOTD post today. This Bambi jumper and bobble hat combo really enhances my inner 'looking like a toddler' but I couldn't resist.

makeup5 edit

Last week, laden with the cold and an ouchy belly (damn you Mother Nature!), I stumbled into Superdrug and made some spontaneous, on a whim purchases to cheer me up. I don't profess to be an expert in anything make-up related, yet hopefully some first impression insights from a novice like myself will  be useful to someone on the interwebz.

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer- I'm prone to Uncle Fester style  dark circles and have recently been using Youtube Guru community staple 'Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer' to combat this. Unfortunately, this has a tendency to look extremely cakey and crepey on me, particularly in the colder weather when my skin is in desperate need of moisture. This concealer is much lighter in consistency and does an excellent job of brightening  the under eye area, whilst not feeling heavy. It doesn't have the greatest longevity, and after a few hours of wear, the purple tones are creeping back. Still on the hunt for my holy grail concealer if anyone has recommendations.

Collection 2000 Lock N Hold Lipgloss in Break Dance - How gorgeous is this bright coral colour?! Pleasantly surprised by this purchase. Doesn't feel sticky or tacky on the lips, smells like Lovehearts sweeties and has a decent amount of pigmentation, providing a pop of colour without looking overly garish.

MUA Kiss Proof Lip Stain in Fabulicious - I have a big love for lipstains ( I'm talking about you Benetint!) as they require little maintenance and touch ups throughout the day a la lipsticks. This product  however, sucked. The felt pen nib applicator applies little product, the marker tip dries up fairly quickly, my lips feel dehydrated and in need of nourishment after use and the colour is too similar to my natural lip shade. Disappointed.

Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation - I usually research my foundations in advance before I buy them, due to a history of sensitive, acne prone skin. Regardless, this has so far (touch wood) done the job, and has been a decent product for throwing on quickly under powder before running out the house.





No comments:

Post a Comment